Saturday 5 September 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joaquin Maria Nin-Culmell and Josue de Castro.
Hamlet, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1908 ?
- Joaquin Maria Nin-Culmell: Berlin, Germany -- Cuban / Spanish composer.
- Josue de Castro: Brazilian writer, physician, geographer and activist against hunger (d. 1973).
- Gloria Holden: British actress (d. 1991).
- Edoardo Amaldi: Italian scientist, a physicist who conducted research and wrote on atomic, molecular and nuclear physics.
- Estuardo Nunez Hague: Writer, literary critic, historian and Peruvian university professor.
- Josué de Castro: Brazilian physician geographer and activist (d. 1973)
- Joaquín Nin-Culmell: German-American pianist and composer (d. 2004)
- Dodger Nap Rucker no-hits Boston Braves, 6-0
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1908?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?