Saturday 5 September 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Stage Struck, directed by Busby Berkeley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1936!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1936 ?
- Attilio Labis: French ballet dancer, choreographer, married once, two children.
- Robert Burns: Canadian lawyer and politician (d. 2014).
- John Danforth: American politician and diplomat 24th United States Ambassador to the United Nations.
- Jonathan Kozol: American sociologist author and educator.
- Bill Mazeroski: MLB 2nd baseman (won 1960 World Series for Pittsburgh).
- Knuts Skujenieks: Latvian poet journalist and translator
- Alcee Hastings: (Rep-D-Florida)
- Cornelius Boyson: Bassist
- John C Danforth: (Sen-R-Missouri, 1977- )
- Louis Favoreu: French academic, who specialized in public law, and a jurist. He was also a law professor, a senior faculty member and President of Paul Cézanne University. He died on 1 September 2004 in Aix-en-Provence (Bouches-du-Rhône).
- Red Sox turn a triple-play on Yankees
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?