Tuesday 5 September 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Stewart in San Diego and John Stewart.
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, directed by Alfred Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1939 ?
- John Stewart in San Diego: California, USA; rocker (Kingston Trio - "Fire in the Wind").
- John Stewart: American musician, a composer and singer in the folk group "The Kingston Trio.
- William Kilmer: Topeka sports Champions.
- Claudette Colvin: American civil rights movement leader (Montgomery Bus Boycott).
- George Lazenby: Australian actor.
- Clay Regazzoni: Swiss race car driver and sportscaster (d. 2006)
- George Tremlett: English journalist author and politician
- Cornelis J "Cor" van Ast: Dutch actor / director (Two Boys), dies at 67.
- 34th Davis Cup: Australia beats USA in Haverford (3-2)
- FDR declares US neutrality at start of WWII in Europe
- US declare itself neutral
- (afternoon) American President Franklin Roosevelt issues a declaration of neutrality.
- WWII: The United States declares its neutrality in the war.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?