Thursday 5 September 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Boom Town, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1940 ?
- Raquel Welch in Chicago: Illinois, USA; (Myra Breckenridge, 1,000,000 BC, 100 Rifles).
- Valerie Howarth: Baroness Howarth of Breckland English politician.
- Lewis Spratlan: Composer.
- Raquel Welch: American actress with a gorgeous body, 37-22-36, that graced the cover of 92 European and 16 American magazines in 1966 alone.
- WWII: Commerce raiding German auxiliary cruiser ''Komet'' enters the Pacific Ocean via the Bering Strait after crossing the Arctic Ocean from the North Sea with the help of Soviet icebreakers ''Lenin'', ''Stalin'', and ''Kaganovich''.
- Treaty of Craiova: Romania loses Southern Dobrudja to Bulgaria.
- WWII: The Blitz ndash Nazi Germany begins to rain bombs on London (the first of 57 consecutive nights of strategic bombing).
- In Lascaux, France, 17,000-year-old cave paintings are discovered by a group of young Frenchmen hiking through Southern France. The paintings depict animals and date to the Stone Age.
- The Hercules Munitions Plant in Succasunna-Kenvil, New Jersey explodes, killing 55 people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?