Thursday 5 September 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Caesar and Cleopatra, directed by Gabriel Pascal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1946!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1946 ?
- Loudon Wainwright: American singer, songwriter and guitarist who was noted, from the late '60s, as one of pop music's most piquant satirists.
- Kyongae Chang: South Korean astrophysicist and academic.
- Dennis Dugan: American actor and film director.
- Margaret Howell: English fashion designer.
- Loudon Wainwright III: American singer and composer.
- Mavis Leno: American philanthropist and social activist, she is also the wife of noted comedian and television personality Jay Leno. Working on behalf of women's rights, Mavis has been instrumental in bringing the plight of Afghan women to public awareness via media stories and events. As Chair of the Campaign to Stop Gender Apartheid in Afghanistan, she has advocated for her cause before the US Senate.
- Freddie Mercury: British musician born in Zanzibar, a superstar of the rock group "Queen." He chose the name Mercury for himself as he said "it was his ruling planet." He was an eccentric in a field already noted for the unconventional, a singer, composer and pianist. Bi-sexual, he founded "Queen" in 1971 and was hot in the '70s and '80s. Their hits included "Love Kills, 1984 which turned out to be prophetic; he died of AIDS-related pneumonia 11/24/1991, London.
- Gérard Louvin: French television producer of music, movies and shows.
- Yours Is My Heart opens at Shubert Theater NYC for 36 performances
- Joe Garagiola plays his 1st major league baseball game
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ink Spots - To Each His Own
- Choo Choo Ch'Boogie - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?