Friday 5 September 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Dark Passage, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1947 ?
- Mel Collins: Manx saxophonist and flute player (Kokomo).
- Chip Davis: American pianist songwriter and producer (Mannheim Steamroller).
- Buddy Miles: American singer-songwriter and drummer (The Electric Flag and The California Raisins) (d. 2008).
- Kiyoshi Takayama: Japanese mobster.
- Bruce Yardley: Australian cricketer and sportscaster.
- Michel Cicurel: French economist, essayist and intellectual. A graduate of the Institut d'Etudes Politiques in Paris, he holds a Master of Economics and is a former student of the National School of Administration. Michel Cicurel is also a company director.
- Chantal Thomass: French fashion designer, mostly lingerie.
- Norman Odam: Canadian singer known as the Legendary Stardust Cowboy. He reputedly recorded "the worst song of all time," a vocal and guitar rendition of "Paralyzed," cut by Mercury Records in 1968. A full length movie was done about his in 1996 and shown at the Sundance Festival, "Life and Times."
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Jo Stafford - Feudin' and Fightin'
- I Have But One Heart (O Marinariello) - Vic Damone
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?