Wednesday 5 September 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The River, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1951 ?
- Michael Keaton in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Gung Ho, Batman).
- Paul Breitner: German footballer.
- Patti McGuire: American model and television producer.
- Kauraka Kauraka: Cook Islands writer who published six collections of poems in the English and Rarotongan languages.
- Didier Hamon: French business leader who served as Deputy State Prosecutor firstly for Val d'Oise and then Hauts de Seine, General Secretary of the National School of Industrial Design, and programme director for the Bicentenary of the French Revolution.
- Michael Keaton: Movie Actor
- 65th US Womens Tennis: Mo Connolly beats Shirley J Fry (63 16 64)
- 71st US Mens Tennis: Frank A Sedgman beats Elias Seixas Jr (64 61 61)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Del Wood - Down Yonder
- Castle Rock - Frank Sinatra (Harry James Orchestra)
- (When We Are Dancing) I Get Ideas - Louis Armstrong
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?