Monday 5 September 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bruno Zarrillo .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Yellow Rose Of Texas by Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
Journey to Italy, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gunsmoke.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1955!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1955 ?
- Bruno Zarrillo: Hockey forward (Team Italy 1998).
- Fred Kaps becomes world champion magician
- Phillies Don Newcombe hits NL pitcher record 7th HR of season
- WKRG TV channel 5 in Mobile, AL (CBS) begins broadcasting
- WTTW TV channel 11 in Chicago, IL (PBS) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 September 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
- The Four Lads - Moments To Remember
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
- Fontane Sisters - Seventeen
- Boyd Bennett - Seventeen
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?