Wednesday 5 September 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sandra Guiboard at US Air Force Base and Marcello Cesena.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
The Bad Seed, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hey, Jeannie!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1956 ?
- Sandra Guiboard at US Air Force Base: German Federal Republic; actress (Donna - One Life to Live).
- Marcello Cesena: Italian actor, director, screenwriter, producer and television and cinema writer.
- Pier Pelicci: Italian physician and scientist.
- Roine Stolt: Swedish singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The Flower Kings Kaipa Transatlantic and The Tangent).
- 20 die in a train crash in Springer, New Mexico, USA.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 September 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?