Monday 5 September 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Simone Jacobs and Milinko Pantic.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to You Can't Hurry Love by The Supremes.
In UK All Or Nothing by The Small Faces was in the top 5 hits.
Alfie, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jean Arthur Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1966!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1966 ?
- Simone Jacobs: England, United Kingdom -- 4X100m relayer (1984 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Milinko Pantic: Serbian footballer.
- Achero Manas: Spanish actor and film director.
- Terry Ellis: American singer (En Vogue).
- Achero Mañas: Spanish actor director and screenwriter.
- Milinko Pantić: Serbian footballer and manager
- Dezso Lauber: Hungarian athlete (Born 1879).
- WRLK TV channel 35 in Columbia, SC (PBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- The Happenings - See You In September
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
- Lee Dorsey - Working In The Coal Mine
- The Hollies - Bus Stop
- The Sandpipers - Guantanamera
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?