Monday 5 September 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to You Can't Hurry Love by The Supremes.
In UK All Or Nothing by The Small Faces was in the top 5 hits.
Alfie, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1966!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1966 ?
- Milinko Pantic: Serbian footballer.
- Achero Manas: Spanish actor and film director.
- Terry Ellis: American singer (En Vogue).
- Achero Mañas: Spanish actor director and screenwriter.
- Milinko Pantić: Serbian footballer and manager.
- Simone Jacobs: England, United Kingdom -- 4X100m relayer (1984 Olympics - Bronze Medalist)
- Dezso Lauber: Hungarian athlete (Born 1879).
- WRLK TV channel 35 in Columbia, SC (PBS) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- The Happenings - See You In September
- The Hollies - Bus Stop
- Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
- Lee Dorsey - Working In The Coal Mine
- The Sandpipers - Guantanamera
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 September 1966 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?