Saturday 5 September 1970
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brad Hopkins and Lori Harrigan.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to War by Edwin Starr.
In UK The Wonder Of You by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Five Easy Pieces, directed by Bob Rafelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Doctor Dolittle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1970 ?
- Brad Hopkins: NFL tackle (Houston Oilers).
- Lori Harrigan: Anaheim, California -- Softball pitcher (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Michael Potts: Langdale, Alabama -- Pitcher (Milwaukee Brewers).
- Willie Clay: NFL safety (Detroit Lions).
- Kim Hye-su: South Korean actress and model.
- Kim Hye-soo: South Korean actress
- Liam Lynch: American singer-songwriter guitarist puppeteer and director
- Mohammad Rafique: Bangladeshi cricketer
- Gilbert Remulla: Filipino journalist and politician
- Johnny Vegas: English actor director producer and screenwriter
- Jochen Rindt: German-Austrian race car driver (Born 1942).
- Estimated 15 cm (6 inches) of rainfall, Bug Point, Utah (state record).
- Vietnam War: Operation Jefferson Glenn begins: the United States 101st Airborne Division and the South Vietnamese 1st Infantry Division initiate a new operation in Thua Thien-Hue Province.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 September 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Edwin Starr - War
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Bread - Make It With You
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Ronnie Dyson - (If You Let Me Make Love To You Then) Why Can't I Touch You
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?