Saturday 5 September 1970
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to War by Edwin Starr.
In UK The Wonder Of You by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Five Easy Pieces, directed by Bob Rafelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1970 ?
- Kim Hye-su: South Korean actress and model.
- Kim Hye-soo: South Korean actress.
- Liam Lynch: American singer-songwriter guitarist puppeteer and director.
- Mohammad Rafique: Bangladeshi cricketer.
- Gilbert Remulla: Filipino journalist and politician.
- Johnny Vegas: English actor director producer and screenwriter
- Brad Hopkins: NFL tackle (Houston Oilers)
- Lori Harrigan: Anaheim, California -- Softball pitcher (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Michael Potts: Langdale, Alabama -- Pitcher (Milwaukee Brewers)
- Willie Clay: NFL safety (Detroit Lions)
- Jochen Rindt: German-Austrian race car driver (Born 1942).
- Estimated 15 cm (6 inches) of rainfall, Bug Point, Utah (state record).
- Vietnam War: Operation Jefferson Glenn begins: the United States 101st Airborne Division and the South Vietnamese 1st Infantry Division initiate a new operation in Thua Thien-Hue Province.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Edwin Starr - War
- Bread - Make It With You
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
- Ronnie Dyson - (If You Let Me Make Love To You Then) Why Can't I Touch You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 September 1970 and get them!