Friday 5 September 1975
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell.
In UK I Can't Give You Anything (But My Love) by The Stylistics was in the top 5 hits.
The Land That Time Forgot, directed by Kevin Connor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1975!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1975 ?
- Jamie Spaniolo: American horrorcore rapper.
- Rod Barajas: American baseball player and manager.
- George Boateng: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Randy Choate: American baseball player.
- Matt Geyer: Australian rugby league footballer.
- Georg Ots: Estonian actor and singer (d. 1975).
- Czech tennis ace Martina Navratilova asks for political asylum in New York City
- Lynette Squeaky Fromme attempts to assassinate Ford in Sacramento
- Wings release Letting Go
- Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme attempts to assassinate US President Gerald Ford in Sacramento, California.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy
- Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds - Fallin' In Love
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Get Down Tonight
- Janis Ian - At Seventeen
- James Taylor - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Bee Gees - Jive Talkin'
- David Bowie - Fame
- The Isley Brothers - Fight The Power (Part 1)
- Barry Manilow - Could It Be Magic
- Eagles - One Of These Nights
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?