Friday 5 September 1986
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Venus by Bananarama.
In UK The Lady In Red by Chris De Burgh was in the top 5 hits.
Manhunter, directed by Michael Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1986!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1986 ?
- Pragyan Ojha: Indian cricketer.
- Brittany Furlan: Vine Star.
- Florencia Benitez: TV Actress.
- Jared Warth: Bassist.
- Colt McCoy: American football player.
- 3rd MTV Awards: Whitney Houston wins
- Karachi Pakistan army storms hijacked US B-747, 19 killed
- MTV Music Awards - Dire Straits Money For Nothing wins
- NASA awards study contracts to five aerospace firms.
- NASA launches DOD-1.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You
- Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Bananarama - Venus
- Steve Winwood - Higher Love
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson - Friends And Lovers
- Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
- Miami Sound Machine - Words Get In The Way
- Michael McDonald - Sweet Freedom
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 September 1986 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?