Monday 5 September 1988
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses.
In UK Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Blue, directed by Luc Besson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Cardinal Of The Kremlin by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1988!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1988 ?
- Denni Avdić: Swedish footballer.
- Felipe Caicedo: Ecuadorian footballer.
- Nuri Şahin: Turkish footballer.
- Nuri Sahin: Soccer Player.
- Gert Frobe: German actor (Born 1913).
- Betsy King wins LPGA Rail Charity Golf Classic
- Jerry Lewis' 23rd Labor Day telethon raises record US$41,132,113.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- George Michael - Monkey
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
- Huey Lewis & The News - Perfect World
- Van Halen - When It's Love
- Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Kenny Loggins - Nobody's Fool
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 September 1988 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?