Saturday 5 September 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up in the Air, directed by Jason Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching MacKenzie Falls.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anno 1404 or Cooking Mama 3: Shop & Chop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 5 September 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 September
- The G-20 finance ministers outline plans for banking reform, including tougher regulation of financial institutions. (Reuters)
- At least 15 people, mostly Bulgarians, drown in Lake Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia, as a tourist boat sinks. (Makfax)
- The Communist Party Chief in Ürümqi, China, is removed from his post following recent protests over a series of stabbings with hypodermic needles. (Xinhua)
- Ireland's Minister for Foreign Affairs Micheál Martin travels to Khartoum for meetings with the Sudanese government over the kidnapping of aid workers Sharon Commins and Hilda Kawuki nine weeks ago. (RTÉ)
- An oil deal and trade concerns with Libya were at one point considered as factors in the Lockerbie bomber's release, British Justice Secretary Jack Straw says in an interview. (CNN)
- Thousands of people attend rival demonstrations for or against the policies of Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez in Venezuela, Spain, Honduras and in other Latin American capitals. (''El Universal'')
- Around 90 people are arrested in clashes between right wing anti-Islamic groups and anti-Fascist protesters in Birmingham, England. (''The Independent'')
- Grenada releases the last seven prisoners convicted in the murder of Grenadian Prime Minister Maurice Bishop during the 1983 coup, including former deputy prime minister Bernard Coard. (France 24)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?