Tuesday 6 April 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1909!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1909 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Povl Bang-Jenson: Danish lawyer in 1937, Emissary to Washington D.C.
- Georges Rollin: France Actor.
- William M Branham: American evangelist (d. 1965).
- Pierre Limagne: French deputy editor and domestic political columnist for 'La Croix,' a daily French general-interest Roman Catholic newspaper.
- William Branham: American minister and theologian (d. 1965).
- Hermann Lang: German race car driver (d. 1987)
- Marion Greenwood: American painter who studied in Paris, held exhibitions and one-woman shows. Her works were shown in major galleries and she won an award by the Carnegie Institute in 1944. She died in 1970 in Woodstock, NY..
- 1st credit union forms in US
- United States Navy commander Robert Peary, assistant Matthew Henson, and four Inuit men reach the North Pole, the first documented men to reach the pole.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When You and I Were Young, Maggie - Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?