Thursday 6 April 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Hamlet, directed by William G.B. Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1911 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Phyllis Margaret: Duncan Tate composer.
- Feodor Lynen: German biochemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1979).
- Verel Waller: American homicide; shot and killed his dad after his dad refused to give him $250 for treatment of the problems he had, which he thought to be sexual.
- During the Battle of Deciq, Dede Gjon Luli Dedvukaj, leader of the Malesori Albanians, raises the Albanian flag in the town of Tuzi, Montenegro, for the first time after Gjergj Kastrioti (Skenderbeg).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Enrico Caruso - Addio (Good-Bye)
- I'm So Tired of Livin', I Don't Care When I Die - Arthur Collins
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?