Sunday 6 April 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Les Misérables, Part 1: Jean Valjean, directed by Albert Capellani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1913!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1913 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Ernst Diesen: Norwegian revue and film actor and theatre manager.
- Shannon Boyd-Bailey McCune: American geographer (d. 1993).
- Adriano Buzzati-Traverso: Italian author, geneticist and international official.
- Jean Teitgen: Rennes Journalist.
- Shannon McCune: American geographer and academic (d. 1993).
- Jose Marraco y Ferrer composer: dies on 78th birthday.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When I Lost You - Henry Burr
- Rigoletto - Deh! Non Parlare Al Misero (Recall Not the Past) - Enrico Caruso
- Gems from Lady of the Slipper - Victor Light Opera Co.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?