Saturday 6 April 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Chase Me Charlie, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1918!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1918 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Alfredo Ovando Candia: Bolivian president (d. 1982).
- René Diatkine: French psychiatrist and psychoanalyst of Belarusian origin.
- Joan Bernard Principal (Trevelyan College: Durham).
- Karen Verne: Berlin, Germany -- Actress (Madame X).
- Alfredo Candía: Bolivian general and politician 56th President of Bolivia (d. 1982).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Long Boy - Prince's Orchestra
- Liberty Bell (It's Time to Ring Again) - Peerless Quartet
- Maytime Waltz (Will You Remember?) - Waldorf-Astoria Dance Orchestra
- I'm Going to Follow the Boys - Henry Burr & Elizabeth Spencer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?