Tuesday 6 April 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Allan Quatermain, directed by Horace Lisle Lucoque, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1920!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1920 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Bernard Carter: British painter / etcher.
- William Snavely: Los Angeles Military man.
- Jack Cover: American pilot and physicist invented the Taser gun (d. 2009).
- Edmond Fischer: Chinese-American biochemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Maurice Bouvier: French police officer, the Director of the Judicial Police (police headquarters).
- French troop attacks Main / Darmstadt / Hanau
- The short-lived Far Eastern Republic is declared in eastern Siberia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You'd be Surprised - All-Star Trio
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?