Wednesday 6 April 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Mr. Wu, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 6 April 1927 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 April 1927 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
See other famous people born on 06 April
David Ingram: Vice-Chancellor (University of Kent at Canterbury).
Gerry Mulligan: British saxophonist / orchestra leader (Jazz on a Summer Day).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1927?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Chiang Kai-shek -- Apr. 4, 1927
- Science: Science vol. 65 issue 1683
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Charles Dana Gibson -- Mar. 28, 1927
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Possibly the best student of hypocrisy since Voltaire This portrait of a golden-tongued evangelist-who lives a life of hypocrisy, sensuality, and self-indulgence-is also the chronicle of a reign of vulgarity, which but for Lewis would have left no record of ...
1927. Although his first book was about English romance, Newton Booth Tarkington, winner of two Pulitzer Prizes, for The Magnificent Ambersons and Alice Adams, came to be known for his comical (and almost cynical) style of the Lost Generation that ...
1927. Warwick, a best-selling novelist in both Europe and America in the 1920s and 1930s, became a household name in the years following the publication of Sorrell and Son.
Set in England in the 1920's the story is about a father's love, devotion and sacrifice for his beloved son. Captain Sorrell returns from the war to find his wife has left him with sole responsibility for their son Kit.
Tell the world why 6 April 1927 is such a special date for you!