Saturday 6 April 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include "Crazy" Joe Gallo and Edison Vasalievich Denisov.
Alibi, directed by Roland West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1929 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- "Crazy" Joe Gallo: Mobster.
- Edison Vasalievich Denisov: Composer.
- Li Yuan-chia: Artist.
- Joi Lansing: American model and actress (d. 1972).
- Andre Previn: German-born composer and conductor.
- Don Elston: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Chicago Cubs and Brooklyn Dodgers between 1953 and 1964.
- Willis Hall: English playwright and radio and television writer (d. 2005)
- André Previn: American pianist composer and conductor
- Huey P. Long Governor of Louisiana is impeached by the Louisiana House of Representatives.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?