Thursday 6 April 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Three Musketeers, directed by Colbert Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1933!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1933 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Goulart Andrade: Brazilian journalist and author of " Patrol of the Dawn.
- Roy Goode: English lawyer and academic.
- Tom Korologos: American journalist and diplomat United States Ambassador to Belgium.
- Eduardo Malapit: American lawyer and politician Mayor of Kauai (d. 2007).
- Dudley Sutton: British actor (Leather Boys, Brimstone & Treacle).
- Elizabeth Bacon Custer: wife of George Armstrong Custer (Born 1842).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?