Friday 6 April 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Death Takes a Holiday, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1934!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1934 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Reijo Jyrkiainen: Composer.
- Enrique Alvarez Felix: Mexican actor (d. 1996).
- Antonius Geesink: Dutch olympic judo gold medal champion, won in open event tokyo 1964; 1st non-japanese to.
- Anton Geesink: Dutch athlete, a giant Dutchman who created a sensation at the Tokyo Olympics by beating the Japanese at their own game, Judo.
- Horace Tapscott: American jazz pianist and composer.
- Marcel Pigou: France sport Champion
- Willy Truye: France sport Champion
- Enrique Félix: Mexican actor (d. 1996)
- Guy Peellaert: Belgian painter illustrator and photographer (d. 2008)
- 418 Lutheran ministers are arrested in Germany.
- Rudyard Kipling and William Butler Yeats are awarded the Gothenburg Prize for Poetry.
- U.S. publication of the novel Tender Is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The worlds largest ever recorded surface wind speed of 231 miles per hour was recorded on the summit of Mt. Washington NH.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?