Thursday 6 April 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Buffalo Bill, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1944!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1944 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Charles Sobhraj: French serial killer of Indian and Vietnamese parentage, Sobhraj was known as "The Serpent" for his cunning and poisonous ways.
- [Holly] Michelle [Gilliam] Phillips in Long Beach: California, USA; singer (Mama and Papas)/actress (Knots Landing).
- Judith McConnell in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Sophia - Santa Barbara).
- Anita Pallenberg: Italian-English model actress and fashion designer.
- Felicity Palmer: English operatic soprano.
- Jewish nursery at Izieu-Ain, France overrun by Germans.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?