Wednesday 6 April 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jane Actman in New York City and Mary Maples.
Champion, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Fireside Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1949!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1949 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Jane Actman in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Barbara - Paul Lynde Show).
- Mary Maples: Dunn; college president (Smith College).
- Patrick Hernandez: French disco singer formerly pop-rock, born to a Spanish father (pharmacist)and an Italian mother,widely known for his huge hit "Born to be alive" in 1979.
- Rick Levine: American astrologer, teacher, writer, poet, consultant and lecturer, computer programmer.
- Alyson Bailes: English academic and diplomat.
- Horst Störmer: German physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 April 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mel Torme - Again
- I Don't See Me In Your Eyes Anymore - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra (Vocal Stardusters)
- Need You - Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?