Monday 6 April 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK She Wears Red Feathers by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Titanic, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1953!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1953 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Patti Catalano: American field and track champion.
- Janet Lynn: American skating champion, an Olympic Bronze Medal winner in the Japan Olympics in 1972.
- Patrick Doyle: Scottish actor and composer.
- Christopher Franke: German musician and composer.
- Idris Davies: Welsh poet and author (d. 1953).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Song From Moulin Rouge (Where is Your Heart) - Percy Faith & His Orchestra (Vocal Faliecia Sanders)
- April In Portugal - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?