Friday 6 April 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
Sawdust and Tinsel, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1956 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Pierre Mariani: French senior official, bank officer and politician.
- Michele Bachmann: American politican, a Congresswoman from Minnesota and Presidential hopeful in the 2012 race.
- Normand Corbeil: Canadian composer (d. 2013).
- Lee Scott: English politician.
- Sebastian Spreng: Argentinian-American painter and journalist.
- Dilip Vengsarkar: Indian cricketer and coach
- Polish communist Gomulka freed from prison.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?