Wednesday 6 April 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Unforgiven, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1960!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1960 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Mark Davis: American newsmaker, the biolgical son of Sammy Davis Jr.
- Stéphane Fouks: French communications consultant who is vice chairman of Havas, a French multinational advertising and public relations company, headquartered in Paris.
- James Russell: American flight crew member who died in a fiery aircraft explosion at Mitchell Airport 12/10/1993.
- Batem : Congolese-Belgian illustrator.
- Adriana Altaras: Croatian-German actress and director.
- Warren Haynes: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Allman Brothers Band Gov't Mule and The Dead)
- John Pizzarelli: American jazz guitarist, song writer, singer and bandleader
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- Steve Lawrence - Footsteps
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
- Connie Francis - Mama
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?