Friday 6 April 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stan Cullimore bassist (Housemartins - "Happy Hour and Iris Haussler.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Johnny Angel by Shelley Fabares.
In UK Wonderful Land by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Tonight Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1962!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1962 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Stan Cullimore bassist (Housemartins - "Happy Hour: Over There").
- Iris Haussler: German installation artist.
- Nik P: Austrian singer and composer, the son of Russian immigrants.
- Iris Häussler: German sculptor and academic.
- Marco Schällibaum: Swiss footballer coach and manager.
- J C Heldring: Dutch businessman, dies at 74.
- Leonard Bernstein causes controversy with his remarks from the podium during a New York Philharmonic concert featuring Glenn Gould performing Brahms' First Piano Concerto.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Roy Orbison - Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream)
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Rick Nelson - Young World
- Ketty Lester - Love Letters
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?