Tuesday 6 April 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to I'm Telling You Now by Freddie and the Dreamers.
In UK Concrete And Clay by Unit 4+2 was in the top 5 hits.
Girl Happy, directed by Boris Sagal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Funeral In Berlin by Len Deighton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1965!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1965 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Black Francis: Rock Singer.
- Frank Black: American musician whose stage name is Black Francis.
- Lieve Slegers: Belgian track and field star who was registered to compete in the 10,000 m. at Atlanta 1996 and then, inexplicably, dropped out.
- Gerald Diduck in Edmonton: Alberta, Canada; NHL defenseman (Hartford Whalers).
- Rica Reinisch: in the German Democratic Republic; 100 metre/200 metre backstroke (Olympics-gold-1980).
- Virginia Lee: Australian rower (Olympics-1996).
- Sterling Sharpe: American athlete, wide receiver for the Green Bay Packers for seven seasons. After he left pro ball, he beame a sports reporter and commentator
- Intelsat 1 ("Early Bird") launched; first commercial geosynchronous communications satellite.
- The British Government announces the cancellation of the TSR-2 aircraft project.
- Launch of Early Bird, the first communications satellite to be placed in geosynchronous orbit.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
- Wayne Fontana - Game Of Love
- Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
- Jewel Akens - The Birds And The Bees
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - Shotgun
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
- Martha & the Vandellas - Nowhere To Run
- Vic Dana - Red Roses For A Blue Lady
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?