Thursday 6 April 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Derrick Fenner and John Ratzenberger in Bridgeport.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Happy Together by The Turtles.
In UK Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra & Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Double Trouble, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1967!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1967 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Derrick Fenner: NFL running back (Oakland Raiders).
- John Ratzenberger in Bridgeport: Connecticut, USA; actor (Cliff Clavin - Cheers).
- Tommy Greene: American pro baseball pitcher who signed with the Atlanta Braves right out of high school, 6/03/1985.
- Julian Anderson: English composer and educator.
- Kathleen Barr: Canadian voice actress and singer.
- Tanya Byron: English psychologist and academic
- Jonathan Firth: English actor
- Mika Koivuniemi: Finnish-American bowler
- Premier Pompidou forms new French government.
- Georges Pompidou begins to form the next French government.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- The Mama's & The Papa's - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- Four Tops - Bernadette
- Petula Clark - This Is My Song
- The Beatles - Penny Lane
- The Five Americans - Western Union
- Tommy James and the Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now
- The Monkees - A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
- Herman's Hermits - There's A Kind Of Hush
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?