Saturday 6 April 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Anderson and Vanessa Lann.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Congratulations by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Young Girls of Rochefort, directed by Jacques Demy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Drei Frauen im Haus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1968 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Chris Anderson: Australian high jumper (Olympics-1996).
- Vanessa Lann: American composer.
- Archon Fung: American political scientist author and academic.
- Affonso Giaffone: Brazilian race car driver.
- Bobby Hutton: US Black Panther leader, shot to death.
- 94.5% of East German voters approve new socialist constitution
- Firestone World Tournament of Champions won by Dave Davis.
- HemisFair 1968 opens in San Antonio, Texas, USA.
- Gunpowder stock at a sporting-goods store explodes, killing 43 (Virginia).
- In Richmond, Indiana's downtown district, a double explosion kills 41 and injures 150.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Monkees - Valleri
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?