Thursday 6 April 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to A Horse With No Name by America.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Mark of the Devil, directed by Michael Armstrong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1972!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1972 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Dickey Simpkins: American basketball player; Forward, Bulls.
- Scott Brooks: American actor.
- Chad Eaton: American football player and coach.
- Anders Jensen: Danish director and screenwriter.
- Jo Van Daele: Belgian discus thrower.
- Jason Hervey: American actor
- Ami James: Israeli/American tattoo artist
- Hurvin McCormack: NFL defensive tackle (Dallas Cowboys).
- Donald Blair: Canadian Football League slot back (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Dickey Simpkins NBA forward (San Francisco Warriors: Chicago Bulls).
- Egypt drops diplomatic relations with Jordan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- America - A Horse With No Name
- Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- Donny Osmond - Puppy Love
- Paul Simon - Mother And Child Reunion
- The Chakachas - Jungle Fever
- The Dramatics - In The Rain
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?