Sunday 6 April 1975
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dannon Phillip Pampolina and Zach Braff.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Lovin' You by Minnie Riperton.
In UK If by Telly Savalas was in the top 5 hits.
The Passenger, directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Moneychangers by Arthur Hailey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The London Programme.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anti-Aircraft or Pursuit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1975!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1975 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Dannon Phillip Pampolina: Rapper / drummer (Party).
- Zach Braff: American actor.
- Hal Gill: American ice hockey player.
- Chiang Kai-Shek: Chinese military leader, general and statesman, the Director of China 1928-1949 and leader of Formosa from 1949.
- Night... Made America Famous closes at Barrymore NYC after 75 performances
- Rocky Horror Show closes at Belasco Theater NYC after 45 performances
- Bundy victim Denise Oliverson disappears from Grand Junction, Colorado
- Denise Oliverson disappears from Grand Junction, Colorado (Bundy victim).
- Fastest hat trick by a Washington Capitals' player: 3 minutes 26 seconds (Stan Gilbertson).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Minnie Riperton - Lovin' You
- Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom
- Ringo Starr - No No Song
- B.T. Express - Express
- Joe Cocker - You Are So Beautiful
- Phoebe Snow - Poetry Man
- Lady Marmalade (Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi) - LaBelle
- B.J. Thomas - (Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song
- Olivia Newton-John - Have You Never Been Mellow
- Frankie Valli - My Eyes Adored You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?