Tuesday 6 April 1976
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Candace Cameron Bure and Simon Coombes in Melbourne.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Disco Lady by Johnnie Taylor.
In UK I Love To Love by Tina Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Family Plot, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stormskärs Maja.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bigfoot Bonkers or Colossal Cave Adventure.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1976!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1976 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Candace Cameron Bure: American actress.
- Simon Coombes in Melbourne: Victoria, Australia; swimmer (Olympics-1996).
- Candace [Helaine] Cameron Bure in Panorama City: California; actress (DJ Tanner - Full House).
- Soleil Moon Frye in Glendora: California; actress (Punky Brewster).
- Georg Holm: Icelandic musician (Sigur Ros).
- Candace Cameron-Bure: TV Actress
- Candace Bure: American actress and producer
- James Fox: Welsh singer-songwriter guitarist and actor
- Chris Hoke: American football player
- Georg Hólm: Icelandic bass player (Sigur Rós)
- Hirotada Ototake: Japanese author and educator
- 1st quadrophonic movie track: Ladies & Gentlemen the Rolling Stones
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 April 1976
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnnie Taylor - Disco Lady
- Gary Wright - Dream Weaver
- Captain and Tennille - Lonely Night (Angel Face)
- Bellamy Brothers - Let Your Love Flow
- Maxine Nightingale - Right Back Where We Started From
- Aerosmith - Dream On
- The Sylvers - Boogie Fever
- Dr. Hook - Only Sixteen
- Commodores - Sweet Love
- David Bowie - Golden Years
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?