Monday 6 April 1987
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Casper Smart and Benjamin Corgnet.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship.
In UK Everything I Own by Boy George was in the top 5 hits.
Withnail & I, directed by Bruce Robinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Fine Things by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dizzy - The Ultimate Cartoon Adventure or Flak Attack.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1987!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1987 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Casper Smart: Dancer.
- Benjamin Corgnet: French footballer.
- Heidi Mount: American model.
- Juan Ochoa: Mexican footballer.
- Levi Porter: English footballer.
- Hilary Rhoda: American model
- Al Campanis appears on Niteline saying blacks may not be equiped to be in baseball management, sparking a racial controversy
- Sugar Ray Leonard upsets Marvelous Marvin Hagler.
- 22nd Academy of Country Music Awards: Randy Travis and Hank Williams Jr.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
- Club Nouveau - Lean On Me
- Aretha Franklin - I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)
- Genesis - Tonight, Tonight, Tonight
- Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
- Expose - Come Go With Me
- Prince - Sign O' The Times
- Lou Gramm - Midnight Blue
- Wang Chung - Let's Go
- Steve Winwood - The Finer Things
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?