Monday 6 April 1992
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thoughty2 and Julie Johnston.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Save The Best For Last by Vanessa Williams.
In UK Stay by Shakespear's Sister was in the top 5 hits.
FernGully: The Last Rainforest, directed by Bill Kroyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while The Pelican Brief by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ude ni oboe ari.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Air Support or Contra Force.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1992!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1992 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
Famous Birthdays:06 April
- Isaac Asimov: Russian-American biochemist, science columnist, anthropologist and prolific sci-fi writer.
- 1st game at Camden Field, Balt-Orioles beat Indians 2-0
- Microsoft announced Windows 3.1, upgrading Windows 3.0
- US Supreme Court rules a Nebraska farmer was entrapped by postal agents into buying mail-order child pornography
- Voting begins on choice of Elvis postage stamps
- Serbian troops, following a mass rebellion of Serbs in Bosnia and Herzegovina against the Bosnian declaration of independence from Yugoslavia, besiege the city of Sarajevo.
- Sam Walton, billionaire founder and CEO of Wal-Mart, dies of cancer at age 74 (born 1918).
- Britain Radio Authority licenses Virgin and TV-AM radio licenses.
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards opens, Baltimore Orioles beat Cleveland Indians 2-0.
- At the Comdex / Windows World conference, Microsoft unveils Windows 3.1, including scalable TrueType fonts. The software comprises over 3 million lines of code.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Vanessa Williams - Save The Best For Last
- Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven
- Atlantic Starr - Masterpiece
- Michael Jackson - Remember The Time
- Mariah Carey - Make It Happen
- Mint Condition - Breakin' My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes)
- Genesis - I Can't Dance
- Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy
- TLC - Ain't 2 Proud To Beg
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?