Saturday 6 August 1904
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henry Payne Iba and M Revis [Willem Fisherman].
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1904!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1904 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Henry Payne Iba: Easton, Missouri -- US basketball coach (1964, 68 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- M Revis [Willem Fisherman]: Author (Gelakte Brain).
- Rémy : French resistance hero, writer and politician.
- Jean Zay: French politician (Minister of national Education) and lawyer of Jewish father (Zay comes from "See") and protestant mother, murdered by militiamen in 1944.
- Gilbert Remy: France Military man.
- (Renault-Roulier) Remy: France Writer
- Jean Dessès: Greek-Egyptian fashion designer (d. 1970)
- Henry Iba: American basketball player and coach (d. 1993)
- Eduard Hanslick: Bohemian-Austrian musicologist and critic (d. 1904).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1904 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Meet Me in St. Louis, Louis - S. H. Dudley
- The Old Folks at Home - Haydn Quartet
- In the Days of Old - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1904?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?