Thursday 6 August 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Fight for Freedom, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1908 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- de Castries: La Bastide d'Engras Writer.
- Helen Jacobs: American tennis player and commander (d. 1997).
- Will Lee: American actor (d. 1982).
- Lajos Vajda: Hungarian painter and illustrator (d. 1941).
- Georg Hygen: Norwegian botanist.
- George Singer: Composer
- Helen Hull Jacobs: Berkley, California -- US tennis champ (1932-35)
- James Lees-Milne: Architecural historian
- Sol Adler: Economist Sinophile
- Svend Erik Tarp: Composer
- Robert Sonrier: Les Loges-Margueron physician
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Uncle Josh's Letter from Home - Cal Stewart
- When We Are M-A-Double-R-I-E-D - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?