Saturday 6 August 1910
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The White Slave Trade, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1910.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1910 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Charles Crichton: English director producer and screenwriter (d. 1999).
- Friedrich Schroder: Composer.
- William J Law: Sailor.
- New York City Mayor Wm J Gaynor seriously wounded during assassination attempt
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I've Got a Pain in My Sawdust - Kitty Cheatham
- Ring O' Roses - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- Ave Maria - Frances Alda
- We Shall Meet Bye and Bye - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?