Sunday 6 August 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Die Ballhaus-Anna, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1911 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Norman Gordon: South African cricketer (d. 2014).
- Constance Heaven: English author and actress (d. 1995).
- Constance Fecher Heaven: British romance writer (d. 1995).
- Lucille Ball: American actress and noted comedienne with more than 50 films from her debut in 1933.
- Lucille Ball in Jamestown: New York, USA; comedienne/actress (I Love Lucy, Mame) (dies 1989).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Life's a Funny Proposition, After All - George M. Cohan
- Mighty Lak' a Rose - Marguerite Dunlap
- Love is Like a Red, Red Rose - Henry Burr & Elise Stevenson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?