Tuesday 6 August 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Blind Man's Sacrifice, directed by Giuseppe de Liguoro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1912!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1912 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Richard Miller: American photographer (d. 2010).
- Richard C Miller: American photographer (d. 2010).
- Werna Gerhardsen: Norwegian politician of the Labour Party.
- Georges Sellon: Marseille Military man.
- The Bull Moose Party meets at the Chicago Coliseum.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A Girl Like Me - Elizabeth Wheeler & Lyric Quartet
- Martha - Quartetto Nocturno (Good Night Quartet) - Enrico Caruso & Frances Alda & Marcel Journet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?