Sunday 6 August 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dom[inic] Mintoff and Michael Burke sports executive (New York Yankees.
The Devil's Needle, directed by Chester Withey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1916 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Dom[inic] Mintoff: Premier Malta.
- Michael Burke sports executive (New York Yankees: New York Knicks).
- Carl Gerstacker: American chemical engineer, chemical executive, director of dow chemical from 1948.
- Alice Reichard: American astrologer in the Hollywood area for many years.
- Alice Zessin: American astrologer and hostess of a TV pilot in 1971 "What's My Sign?" with Paul Rosner, Robert Skeetz, Carol Peel and Lois Rodden.
- Richard Hofstadter: American historian and academic (d. 1970)
- Dom Mintoff: Maltese journalist and politician 8th Prime Minister of Malta (d. 2012)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1916
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Alma Gluck - The Nightingale Song
- Hello, Hawaii, How Are You? - Nora Bayes
- Babes in the Wood - Gladys Rice & Walter Van Brunt
- Just A-Wearyin' for You - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?