Tuesday 6 August 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Great Love, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1918 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Norman Granz: American jazz impresario and recording industry executive (Born 1918).
- Jean Cadilhac: France Military man.
- Jacqueline Laurent: France Actor.
- Ferdinand Foch becomes marshal of France
- In WWI 2nd battle of the Marne ends
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bring Back My Soldier Boy to Me - Olive Kline
- What are You Going to Do to Help the Boys? - Shannon Four
- Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody - Arthur Fields
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?