Thursday 6 August 1925
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leland Smith and Barbara Bates in Denver.
Sally of the Sawdust, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1925!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1925 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Leland Smith: Composer.
- Barbara Bates in Denver: Colorado, USA; actress (Kathy - It's a Great Life).
- Jean Grassin: Coulombs EXecutives.
- Barbara Bates: American actress and singer (d. 1969).
- Sir Surendranath Banerjea: Indian leader of the Indian National Congress (Born 1848).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Yearning (Just For You) - Harry Reser's Orchestra
- Gene Austin - Yes Sir! That's My Baby
- Don't Bring Lulu - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- Don't Bring Lulu - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?