Monday 6 August 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Janice-Lee York Romary and Jean-Christophe Averty.
The Mysterious Lady, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1928!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1928 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Janice-Lee York Romary: California, United States -- Fencer (Olympics - 1948-68).
- Jean-Christophe Averty: French actor and television personality.
- Andy Warhol: American underground artist and film maker who had a genius for creating attention.
- Jean Carriere: Némes Writer.
- Herb Moford: American baseball player (Born 1928).
- William Henry Grattan Flood: Composer, dies at 68.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?