Tuesday 6 August 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1929 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Maria Frau: Italian film actress who made her debut in 1950 when she played the title role in "Margaret of Cortona.
- Mike Elliott: Jamaican saxophonist (The Foundations and Rico's Combo).
- Roch La Salle: Canadian politician 42nd Canadian Minister of Public Works (d. 2007).
- Anneliese Kuppers: German FR, equestrian dressage (1956 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Mike Elliot: Rocker.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 August 1929 and get them!