Sunday 6 August 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Baby Face, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 6 August 1933 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 August 1933 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
See other famous people born on 06 August
A Singh: Indian cricketer (d. 1987).
A G Kripal Singh: Indian cricketer (d. 1987).
Jean-Claude Bousquet: French freemason, a grand master of Grande Loge de France (GLDF), the third largest Masonic obedience in France.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1933?
- Science: Science vol. 78 issue 2014
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Juan Trippe -- July 31, 1933
- Science: Science vol. 78 issue 2013
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
This book was written in 1933 and became an international best-seller and a 1934 film. It tells the story of a southern Maine farm family in the early depression through the seasons of the year--starting and ending in winter a ...
Sinclair Lewis takes a distasteful and controversial subject and spins one of his best books. The book examines the feminist / women's suffrage during the early 1900's through the 1930's by following Ann Vicker's life.
When Robert Merrick's life is saved at the expense of the life of an eccentric but adored surgeon, the carefree playboy is forced to reevaluate his own path.
Tell the world why 6 August 1933 is such a special date for you!