Monday 6 August 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leopold M de Beer and Piers Anthony Dillingham Jacob.
Housewife, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1934!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1934 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Leopold M de Beer: Dutch MP (VVD).
- Piers Anthony Dillingham Jacob: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Chthon, Phthor).
- John Storey: Bonington in the United Kingdom; mountain climber (Annapurna I in 1970).
- Piers Anthony: British-American sci-fi and fantasy writer whose work is translated into six languages.
- Germinal Casado: French ballet dancer, designer and theater director.
- Diane Di Prima: American poet and artist, who participated in the emerging Beat movement of the late 1950s and early 1960s in Manhattan.
- Ariane Ducrot: French senior official, general curator of the National Archives.
- Chris Bonington: English mountaineer and author
- Billy Boston: Welsh rugby player and soldier
- US troops leave Haiti, which had been occupied since 1915
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?