Monday 6 August 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Housewife, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1934!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1934 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Ariane Ducrot: French senior official, general curator of the National Archives.
- Chris Bonington: English mountaineer and author.
- Billy Boston: Welsh rugby player and soldier.
- Piers Anthony: British-American sci-fi and fantasy writer whose work is translated into six languages.
- Diane Di Prima: American poet and artist, who participated in the emerging Beat movement of the late 1950s and early 1960s in Manhattan.
- John Storey: Bonington in the United Kingdom; mountain climber (Annapurna I in 1970).
- Germinal Casado: French ballet dancer, designer and theater director. After prior company experience, he joined Bejart Company in 1957, becoming one of the soloists of the Ballet of the 20th Century within two years. Since the early '70s he choreographed roles, and from 1977 was Artistic Director of Karlsruhe State Theatre Ballet.
- Leopold M de Beer: Dutch MP (VVD)
- Piers Anthony Dillingham Jacob: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Chthon, Phthor)
- US troops leave Haiti, which had been occupied since 1915
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 August 1934 and get them!