Monday 6 August 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leopold M de Beer and Piers Anthony Dillingham Jacob.
Housewife, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1934!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1934 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Leopold M de Beer: Dutch MP (VVD).
- Piers Anthony Dillingham Jacob: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Chthon, Phthor).
- John Storey: Bonington in the United Kingdom; mountain climber (Annapurna I in 1970).
- Piers Anthony: British-American sci-fi and fantasy writer whose work is translated into six languages.
- Germinal Casado: French ballet dancer, designer and theater director.
- Diane Di Prima: American poet and artist, who participated in the emerging Beat movement of the late 1950s and early 1960s in Manhattan.
- Ariane Ducrot: French senior official, general curator of the National Archives.
- Chris Bonington: English mountaineer and author
- Billy Boston: Welsh rugby player and soldier
- US troops leave Haiti, which had been occupied since 1915
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?